Friday, August 22, 2008

My First Wedding with No Worries!

From Audra, the No Worries Intern:

When deciding that I wanted to get into Event Planning, I had an idea of what it was all about, until I worked my first wedding with Kelly & No Worries.

Two words come to mind for this beach wedding: HARD WORK! Event planning sounds to be glamorous and creative but little did I know how much manual labor went into weddings. There was a lot of soar muscles and sweat by the end of it all. However, it was well worth it. Seeing the happy couple's faces when they saw what we did was priceless, and the feeling that it gave me so indescribable. Knowing that I helped make their day special and exactly what they wanted is why I do want to become an event planner.

This experience could have easily turned me off from wanting to get into the event planning industry but it didn't. During all the setting up and heavy lifting I learned what being an event planner was all about and that is to do whatever it takes to make the happy couple, HAPPY!


It was a magical day and night, as I got to watch two people in love tie the knot and make life-long committments to one another. The reception was beautiful while everyone dined under candle light, and danced the night away. It was an amazing experience and not only did I get to help make their day extra special I got another pay off as well: by the end of this wedding, my muscles were more tone and I really do think that I lost a few pounds as well so for me, it was well worth it! :)

The Happy Couple - Kirsten & Paul

No comments: