Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My First Intern Experience


On August 5th, 2008, my first task was to attend the National Association of Wedding Professionals Naples Chapter 2008 Member-Guest Party at LaPlaya Resort in Naples, FL! I was very overwhelmed but excited to see what this event is all about. I am new to this industry and so I was really looking forward to attending.
This party, was just that: a party! However, as much fun as it was, it also was a fantastic opportunity to meet and network with many people in the wedding/event industry. There was such as diverse group of people who attended: photographers, florists, hotel managment etc. were all in attendance and this event was a great way to make connections and enhance one's business.

I got to speak with many of these people, and so I quickly realized how important it is to make connections with other people because they can really help you out.

Overall, this event opened my eyes to all of the aspects of the wedding/event industry, and it was a great time!!!

No comments: